- Arunachal Pradesh witnesses the first sunrise and is the most famous eastern state of the country. Also, Arunachal Pradesh has three international borders: Bhutan, China, and Myanmar.
- Majuli in Assam, also known for its Vaishnavite religious centers, solar power generation and the most attractive sunset over the River Brahmaputra, Majuli in Assam hosts the world’s largest river island.
- Tawang, in Arunachal Pradesh, is the birthplace of the sixth Dalai Lama, Tsangyang Gyatso, an unconventional one known for his love of wine, women, and poetry. His poetry is widely read among Tibetans even today.
Also, Bum la pass, a little ahead, is where the current Dalai Lama, 14th in succession, entered India, escaping from Tibet.
- Mawsynram in Meghalaya receives an annual average rainfall of 11,873 mm, for which it holds the Guinness World Record of being the wettest place on Earth.
- Meghalaya is known for the Living Root Bridges. Indian Rubber Trees with their strong, flexible roots are guided across rivers and streams with the help of bamboo, which dies down, leaving the living root bridge behind.
- Sualkuchi in Assam is one of the world largest weaving villages where the entire population is engaged in weaving silk fabrics. Muga, the golden silk of Assam which is not produced anywhere else in the world.
- Shillong, Meghalaya. While we are aware that Kashmir is known as the ‘Paradise on Earth’ and Kerala is ‘God’s Own Country’, not many know that Shillong (Meghalaya) is known as ‘Scotland of the East’. Its beautiful natural surroundings and divine landscapes are sylvan, to say the least.
- Orchids. Northeast India is a hub where nearly 70 per cent of the country’s orchids are found. A large number of them are ornamental and endangered.
- Music. Northeast India is considered as one of the most musically driven regions in the country. Shillong in Meghalaya is considered as the rock capital of India. The Hornbill festival of Kohima, Nagaland, is India’s most well-known music and dance festival.
Many more beautiful facts are there about Northeast India. This region of India is a beautiful paradise for travelers. Kamakshi Tours provide best travel packages to tour across Northeast India. Kamakshi Tours also provides best car rental service.